Facebook

Discussions on how emerging technology can assist the distribution of media content through mobile, kiosks, Internet, social networks, etc.
brofisher

Facebook

Post by brofisher »

we are looking at starting up a stake Facebook site for the youth. I am looking for any direction and policies relating to this especially regarding use of pictures. Does the church have policies on this?

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Facebook

Post by russellhltn »

Indeed they do: internet.lds.org
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rsidwell

Post by rsidwell »

It's a great resource, but I wouldn't use anything close to their "example" permission form. It grants irrevocable and exclusive access to any past, present, or future recordings, documents, etc. related to anyone who signs it. I'm not a lawyer, but doubt any lawyer would recommend giving the church such permission, especially if the person in question has any aspirations to be a model, actor, blogger, etc.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rsidwell wrote:It's a great resource, but I wouldn't use anything close to their "example" permission form.
Which simply means you will not put pictures of any of the youth at the Facebook page.

And having the page itself will be an interesting discussion among the stake presidency as they sort through the current Church guidelines regarding Internet presence. I would start with the Internet section in Handbook 2 and go from there.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Given the hassle of getting "written consent" for everyone (not just youth), I think most would elect to not put anyone's photos on Facebook. At least not on the "church" page. And I don't see a loophole for allowing others to place pictures on the church page. To follow those instructions, I think you're looking at using the page like a "press room" (announcement only).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
brofisher

Post by brofisher »

Thanks guys for all these insights.
I am searching Wiki

Return to “Digital Media”