Phase 1 and 2 Videos

Discussions on how emerging technology can assist the distribution of media content through mobile, kiosks, Internet, social networks, etc.
drepouille

Phase 1 and 2 Videos

Post by drepouille »

I searched for the current (1980's version) of Man's Search for Happiness. I found the 1960's version on several YouTube channels, while the current version appears to exist only on the "Phase 1 Video DVD" available from store.lds.org. I know some LDS videos are available on lds.org, Mormon.org, and YouTube. I was hoping the Phase 1 and Phase 2 videos would also be available on a web site, so I don't have to order the DVDs.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Phase 1 and 2 Videos

Post by sbradshaw »

Is this the 1980s version? It's on the Mormon Newsroom channel and has a copyright 2014 slide at the end:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LkKTG0kyug
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

sbradshaw wrote:Is this the 1980s version? It's on the Mormon Newsroom channel and has a copyright 2014 slide at the end:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LkKTG0kyug
Although that video ends with a 2014 copyright slide, it is the 1960s version, judging from the hairstyles. I will check out the Phase 1 video DVD from my meetinghouse library to see what the 1980s version looks like.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I watched both the 1960s version on YouTube and the 1980s version on the Phase 1 Video DVD. While I am probably mistaken, it sure looks to me like they both use the same script, and the 1980s version is a scene-for-scene replication of the 1960s version, using different actors, titles, and animations. Really quite fascinating.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:I watched both the 1960s version on YouTube and the 1980s version on the Phase 1 Video DVD. While I am probably mistaken, it sure looks to me like they both use the same script, and the 1980s version is a scene-for-scene replication of the 1960s version, using different actors, titles, and animations. Really quite fascinating.
The original film was made for the World's Fair in New York in 1964. The film was remade in Japanese for the Japan World Exposition in 1970. An updated version, again with the same script, was made in 1986 for worldwide use.

I still enjoy the original 1964 film best.

Return to “Digital Media”