Watching LDS Conference on Xbox 360

Discussions on how emerging technology can assist the distribution of media content through mobile, kiosks, Internet, social networks, etc.
rdcrisco

Watching LDS Conference on Xbox 360

Post by rdcrisco »

I know this is too late for this conference but has anyone been able to figure out how to watch conference live on a xbox 360?
Rictersmith

Re: Watching LDS Conference on Xbox 360

Post by Rictersmith »

There is now a BYU channel application you can download to your XBOX 360. I believe we used it last session to watch conference. The only down side is that when loading it up, you have to sit through a commercial before watching the stream. I wish for general conferences they removed the commercial requirement.
russellberrett

Post by russellberrett »

The BYU-TV app on Xbox 360 does not seem to be working any longer. I tried last weekend to watch the Lady's Conference using the Xbox 360 BYU-TV app, but it said that the service was "not available right now". Instead my wife and girls went to another room and watched the conference using the BYU-TV app on our Roku... and it worked flawlessly.

This morning, we tried the BYU-TV app again on the Xbox 360 to watch General Conference and received the same error:
20170930_092213_HDR.jpg
(189.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The xbox.com/status URL doesn't show anything but "Normal" status.

I noted this morning that the BYU-TV app works flawlessly on my son's Xbox-One.

Does anyone have any idea why the BYU-TV app no longer works on the Xbox 360?

Thanks!

--rus.
jhyanathan

BYUtv on Xbox 360

Post by jhyanathan »

Is BYUtv no longer supported on XBOX360? We used to watch conference over our XBOX, but it is saying BYUtv isn't available right now. Checking http://www.xbox.com/status doesn't help.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Moderator note: The post by jhyanathan was merged with this thread since the topics are the same.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Digital Media”