Come follow me videos on DVD

Discussions on how emerging technology can assist the distribution of media content through mobile, kiosks, Internet, social networks, etc.
gregwanderson

Re: Come follow me videos on DVD

Post by gregwanderson »

So, like, didn't "they" say that "they" were going to produce DVDs of these videos that would be available to purchase through the church's distribution system? What happened with that? (crickets, crickets, crickets)
johnshaw

Re: Come follow me videos on DVD

Post by johnshaw »

mrrad wrote:So, like, didn't "they" say that "they" were going to produce DVDs of these videos that would be available to purchase through the church's distribution system? What happened with that? (crickets, crickets, crickets)
It's cheaper to ask STS all over the country to duplicate the effort across thousands of organizations, everyone doing it differently and having a different experience, then only a link on a website needs to be update once in a while... much easier on the employees of the church with a task force of available people waiting and able to get the work done.

That said, the online nature of the curriculum allows for quick re-direction in the event a conference talk (and accompanying video) are created-mid year as well as Mormon Messages come out they can immediately be incorporated...

Again, it's only maintaining an iso image of a DVD - so maybe that's not a huge deal, it does mean more effort at CHQ.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Digital Media”