Downloading Multimedia from Church sites

Discussions on how emerging technology can assist the distribution of media content through mobile, kiosks, Internet, social networks, etc.
johnshaw

Re: Downloading Multimedia from Church sites

Post by johnshaw »

You can try searching for the video on youtube and grabbing it from there. http://www.keepvid.com will rip it off youtube.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
alexanderjenkins

Post by alexanderjenkins »

Thanks for your comments. I experimented a bit and first of all I will say the video streamed just fine today (whew). The streaming service will only buffer approx 30 ahead and then it stops. It didn't allow me to buffer the full video ahead of time. After playing it through and then restarting the video actually unloaded and refreshed the loading process. I'm curious about the copyright side of thing too as the video was one member sharing an experience with some background music. Maybe the church just hasn't had time to provide download links through all the pages yet or doesn't think anyone would need/want to download certain things. I'm sure in a year this will all be old conversation and things will be much different.
cathy_loves_chocolate

Post by cathy_loves_chocolate »

I am trying to download the testimony of the previous relief society presidents (https://www.lds.org/callings/relief-soc ... h?lang=eng) but when I right click the video it does not give me any options to download it, even though it says to 'right click to download'. I just get info on Brightcove Platform. Any suggestions or help? I have tried to use an add-on converter on Firefox but it doesn't recognize it on this page. I can't find the video elsewhere (youtube, etc).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cathy_loves_chocolate wrote:I am trying to download the testimony of the previous relief society presidents (https://www.lds.org/callings/relief-soc ... h?lang=eng) but when I right click the video it does not give me any options to download it, even though it says to 'right click to download'. I just get info on Brightcove Platform. Any suggestions or help? I have tried to use an add-on converter on Firefox but it doesn't recognize it on this page. I can't find the video elsewhere (youtube, etc).
Looks like the link for the first one is defected. But the second one should work. Note that you don't right-click on the video itself, but the link just below.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

Is the "Search for Truth" video part of the "zip" file for April? There are instructions here about how to get the zip files.

Return to “Digital Media”