Strategy for playing "Come, Follow me"

Discussions on how emerging technology can assist the distribution of media content through mobile, kiosks, Internet, social networks, etc.
rknelson

Re: Strategy for playing "Come, Follow me"

Post by rknelson »

russellhltn wrote:That would be nice, but I'm afraid that runs into copyright issues.
Let's not be so quick to shut down collaborative work - none of us are attorneys. I find it very hard to believe that the church would issue a cease and desist order for sharing work across stakes which are only being used to further the work for "Come, Follow Me" classes held in church buildings. They also cannot publicly waive copyright rights without losing the legal protections that allow them to prevent undesirable uses.

I'm confident that all of us would be happy to remove anything that an official representative of the church asked us to remove.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

Whether or not someone would really get into trouble for it, the participants in this forum can't condone violating the terms of use for the church website.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The right way to do it is to work with the Church's Intellectual Property Office and receive permission.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Digital Media”