Right click iPad how

Discussions on how emerging technology can assist the distribution of media content through mobile, kiosks, Internet, social networks, etc.
farwest

Right click iPad how

Post by farwest »

How do right click on a iPad to download a video
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

farwest wrote:How do right click on a iPad to download a video
In many cases, a tap and hold (simply press down on the object and hold it until a menu appears) will do the equivalent of a right click. Sometimes a double tap will do the trick.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
farwest

Post by farwest »

That will just open the video
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

In some cases you use two fingers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lionelwalters

Post by lionelwalters »

farwest wrote:How do right click on a iPad to download a video

You can't download a video on iPad within Safari. You need a third party app, such as Good Reader which I use, that can actually store the video. You can browse within Good Reader and select an option to download files rather than playing them.
farwest

Post by farwest »

What is the process in Good Reader
lionelwalters

Post by lionelwalters »

farwest wrote:What is the process in Good Reader

I'll describe the two approaches I use:

1. First, find the link in Safari, then tap and hold it, and tap Copy to copy the URL to the clipboard. Then open GoodReader, and under the Web Downloads section, tap Enter URL. The URL is automatically pasted from the clipboard into the "Enter URL" box, so just tap OK. The file will be downloaded into the Downloads folder.

2. In the Web Downloads section of GoodReader tap Browse the Web. You can browse to the link as you would in Safari, but you'll notice that each link you tap results in a prompt to "Follow the Link" or "Download Linked File". When you find the link to the video you want to download, tap it and select "Download Linked File". The file will be downloaded into the Downloads folder.

I find the iPad great for quick and easy access to content, but seriously lacking when it comes to storing and managing files. I use GoodReader as my primary file system, because it also gives me access to Dropbox and Google Drive/Docs from within the app.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Lionel
farwest

Good Reader

Post by farwest »

Thanks for the info

Return to “Digital Media”