don't get it

Discussions on how emerging technology can assist the distribution of media content through mobile, kiosks, Internet, social networks, etc.
farwest

don't get it

Post by farwest »

This must be an age issue. I have been trying to figure out how to take a video from the youth video's and download it to the computer and burn it. When it says right click to download it does not download or show any options. If I left click it downloads but as a file that is not supported to burn. I installed a mpeg4 to dvd converter and it says not supported. All I want to do is download the video and then burn it to a dvd so we can show it in a upcoming youth meeting. I've tried to go to youtube and itunes and I just don't seem to get how to do it.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Once you have the video file on your computer then converter/burning software such as DVD Flick will convert the video format and burn it to disc or create an ISO file for burning later. This particular program supports conversion of MPEG-4 codecs as well as many others. This is the only program I have used because it works and it is free. From the program's help file it says "It's main target audience is people who know at least some basics about DVDs and video\audio files." Even if you don't know anything, the program help walks through the entire process.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

farwest wrote:This must be an age issue. I have been trying to figure out how to take a video from the youth video's and download it to the computer and burn it. When it says right click to download it does not download or show any options.

To take a specific example, go to President Eyring's How Do I Gain a Testimony.

Are you right clicking on the button that says "Right-Click to DOWNLOAD"? Or are you right clicking on the video itself. You need to right click on that button, not the video. What you see then will depend on your browser. The option you need will be labeled something like "Save Link As...", "Save Target As...", or "Save As..."
farwest wrote:If I left click it downloads but as a file that is not supported to burn.
I assume the file was an MP4 (has a .mp4 extension). That file format is indeed a video file that can be played on just about any computer, but it can't be burned to a DVD directly in a way that can be played on a DVD player.

farwest wrote:I installed a mpeg4 to dvd converter and it says not supported.

I don't know anything about that converter program you downloaded. That seems strange that a regular MP4 file would not be supported, but I don't know what your converter was trying to do.
farwest wrote:All I want to do is download the video and then burn it to a dvd so we can show it in a upcoming youth meeting.

If you can use a laptop to show the video, then you can burn the MP4 on a CD or put it on a flash drive, or download the MP4 directly to the laptop's hard drive. But if you need it to be on a regular DVD, then you'll have to use some sort of DVD creation software to make a DVD that contains that video you downloaded as an MP4.
farwest wrote:I've tried to go to youtube and itunes and I just don't seem to get how to do it.
Neither Youtube nor iTunes has the ability to burn a DVD that is playable in a DVD player.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
farwest

more info

Post by farwest »

when I download it it shows up as 2011=01-008-daytons-legs-1000k-eng. It shows it is a mpeg4 video but when I us avi to dvd converter it shows it a unsupported file. the name of the video is dayton's legs
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

farwest wrote:when I download it it shows up as 2011=01-008-daytons-legs-1000k-eng. It shows it is a mpeg4 video but when I us avi to dvd converter it shows it a unsupported file. the name of the video is dayton's legs
AVI is a different format from MP4, so if you're using an AVI to DVD converter, it's not surprising that you would see an error message about an unsupported file format. Try the DVD Flick site jdlessley linked to.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Digital Media”