Facing redirection issues

Discussions on how emerging technology can assist the distribution of media content through mobile, kiosks, Internet, social networks, etc.
jaygummers

Facing redirection issues

Post by jaygummers »

Hi guys,

I am actually having a little issue with the main lds.org site. It is redirecting me to a different IP address and then a totally new website. How do I fix this?

Regards,
Jay
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Facing redirection issues

Post by russellhltn »

What link are you following? If it's not a link that supposed to take you somewhere, I'd scan your system for malware.

I like MalwareBytes myself, but there's certainly others out there. Just make sure you get a legitimate package and don't fall for a "click here" advertising scam found on many popular download sites.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jaygummers

Post by jaygummers »

It is actually my WiFi Router's login page. However, It doesn't accept my login details and keeps showing the page. I have tried it in other browsers but facing the same issue.

I even tried the routerlogin website - https://routerlogin.onl/192-168-254-254/ but it shows incorrect username and password.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jaygummers wrote:It is actually my WiFi Router's login page.
Your router should not be intercepting anything and should be routing your browser requests to the LDS.org site. You might wish to reset the router or make sure there are not some firewall settings that are keeping you from properly accessing the Internet.

I am quite confident that LDS.org is not redirecting your requests to your router. Something in your local setup seems to be amiss, especially since it is happening with your other browsers as well.

Return to “Digital Media”