Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
bweggersen

Post by bweggersen »

When I try to sign into the new lds.org account, I get an error:

Error 500: java.lang.NullPointerException

This seems to be specific to Windows, because I can log in on an iPhone and on MacOS, but not on Windows. I thought maybe it was something specific to my setup here, but at church today I heard that there are several others that are getting the same error.

For me, it has been giving this error for a month now.

Does anybody know what's going on?

Benjamin
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Do you know if it's specific to the browser? IE is the most common one on Microsoft products, but wouldn't be found on a iPhone or MacOS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I think the LDS Account site or servers related to it have been having issues for over a week. The thread Registration Page is not working reports issues in registering a new account. I personally had problems using the LDS Account logon for these forums last weekend. It was not browser specific since I had the same results for IE8, FireFox 6 and Chrome.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
froderh

Critical sign-in issue

Post by froderh »

Quite a lot of the seminary and institute teachers experience the same when logging in from the si.lds.org page. It connects to the https://si.lds.org/?signmein that instead of showing terminates with error: "Error 500: java.lang.NullPointerException"

Any ideas for us? Is anyone working on this?

Thanks in advance!
froderh

Possible solution: Try changing your default browser language to English

Post by froderh »

Hi all,

I got the following advice from an [font=&quot]LDS Account Administrator:

[/font]
[font=&quot]Please try changing your default browser language to English.[/font]
[font=&quot] [/font]
[font=&quot]Internet Explorer[/font]
[font=&quot]1. Go to Tools.[/font]
[font=&quot]2. Click on Internet Options.[/font]
[font=&quot]3. Select Languages.[/font]
[font=&quot]4. Click on the Add button and add the English (United States) language.[/font]
[font=&quot]5. Mark the language English (United States) and click to Move up.[/font]
[font=&quot]6. Click Ok.[/font]
[font=&quot] [/font]
[font=&quot]Mozilla Firefox[/font]
[font=&quot]1. Go to Options.[/font]
[font=&quot]2. Click on Content tab.[/font]
[font=&quot]3. Click on Choose, next to Languages.[/font]
[font=&quot]4. Click on the Add button and add English (United States) language.[/font]
[font=&quot]5. Mark the language English (United States) and click to Move up.[/font]
[font=&quot]6. Click Ok.[/font]
[font=&quot] [/font]
[font=&quot]It worked for me - hope it helps you too![/font]

[font=&quot][/font]

[font=&quot]Best regards,[/font]
[font=&quot]Frode
[/font]

[font=&quot][/font]
m.kucinas

Post by m.kucinas »

Works pretty good with Firefox. Any advice on Chrome?

Return to “Church Account”