Login problems

LDS Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to LDS Account (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
zaneclark
Senior Member
Posts: 907
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:34 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Contact:

Login problems

Postby zaneclark » Fri May 20, 2011 3:04 pm

I am the stake web administrator and get questions from members who can't login using their LDS Account. I have made sure they are following the exact procedure and they still have problems. One member of my own ward even gave me her birthdate and member number so I could reset her username and password and we still couldn't get in. Is there a number we can call or a list of procedures we can follow to see if there is some step we missed? I have read everything I could find in the wiki and on this forum, but haven't found a good answer.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20758
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Fri May 20, 2011 11:08 pm

zaneclark wrote:One member of my own ward even gave me her birthdate and member number so I could reset her username and password and we still couldn't get in.


I don't have any answers, but one tip I'll give - use ldsaccount.lds.org for your test. I've found that if you change the password, that it takes time (maybe a hour or so) for the new password to propagate to other sites, but it works immediately for ldsaccount.

If you still can't solve it, there's a "Can't Sign in?" button on that site that will step you through everything. If that still doesn't work, it will present a form for contacting the support team.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

jdlessley
Community Moderators
Posts: 6526
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:30 pm
Location: USA, TX

Postby jdlessley » Fri May 20, 2011 11:11 pm

Click the LDS Account sign-in page"Can't Sign In?" button. Most of the sign-in problems are covered at the support page. I have found that items 2 and 3 under Registration Issues cover a high percentage of the issues. If a particular sign-in issue is not covered, additional help can be obtained by clicking "What if my issue is not listed here?" and then clicking the "contact our support team" link. You can then provide the details of your problem to the support team.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

eblood66
Senior Member
Posts: 2028
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:17 am
Location: Cumming, GA, USA

Postby eblood66 » Fri May 20, 2011 11:13 pm

zaneclark wrote:I am the stake web administrator and get questions from members who can't login using their LDS Account. I have made sure they are following the exact procedure and they still have problems. One member of my own ward even gave me her birthdate and member number so I could reset her username and password and we still couldn't get in. Is there a number we can call or a list of procedures we can follow to see if there is some step we missed? I have read everything I could find in the wiki and on this forum, but haven't found a good answer.


Go to http://ldsaccount.lds.org and click on the Can't Sign In button. If none of the links on that page help you can click on the link at the bottom (What if my issue is not listed here?) and it will give you a link to contact the LDSAccount support team.

zaneclark
Senior Member
Posts: 907
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:34 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Contact:

Postby zaneclark » Sun May 22, 2011 9:27 pm

The member I was helping sent a note to the link you provided and now she is finally able to access the site. They told her it was a synchronization problem on her part..... What does that mean? And could I use this information to help others?

jdlessley
Community Moderators
Posts: 6526
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:30 pm
Location: USA, TX

Postby jdlessley » Sun May 22, 2011 9:37 pm

zaneclark wrote:The member I was helping sent a note to the link you provided and now she is finally able to access the site. They told her it was a synchronization problem on her part..... What does that mean? And could I use this information to help others?
One step I have found people fail to accomplish when I work with them to solve LDS Account sign-in issues is the e-mail validation step. Either they don't get the e-mail for one reason or another or they think the message is junk and do not validate their e-mail address. There is a time limit to respond to the e-mail validation. I suppose that is what they could mean by a synchronization problem.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

pzells
New Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:05 am
Location: Miami, Florida, USA

Can disfellowshipped members register with LDS Account?

Postby pzells » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:15 pm

I tried to help a member register and kept getting message saying that either this member's birthdate or MRN are invalid. I know that neither are because I pulled right of this member's IOS.

I am running out of possibilities to why the registration is not working. This member happens to be disfellowshipped - could this be the problem?

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14693
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:54 pm

pzells wrote:I tried to help a member register and kept getting message saying that either this member's birthdate or MRN are invalid. I know that neither are because I pulled right of this member's IOS.

I am running out of possibilities to why the registration is not working. This member happens to be disfellowshipped - could this be the problem?


I suppose it's possible that being disfellowshipped disables access to LDS Account, but I would doubt it. But in any case, this sounds like a question you should direct to the LDS Account support team. They can look into the specific member's registration issues.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.


Return to “LDS Account”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest