Interesting Problem Changing E-mail Address in Profile

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
alyxlarsen

Interesting Problem Changing E-mail Address in Profile

Post by alyxlarsen »

A Member of my stake(I am the stake clerk so he asked me about this) cannot change his e-mail addresses for his lds.org login account. He has the same e-mail address as the Primary and Alternate e-mail addresses. It is an old e-mail no longer in use. He wants to change it but when he does it tells the following error:

Error: LDS Account does not allow this e-mail domain to be associated with your account. Please enter a different e-mail address.

It is refering to the old e-mail address, it is an @myldsmail.net address. If you attempt to change both the primary and alternate addresses at the same time it tell you that you can only change one e-mail address at a time. But when you try to change one you get the above error, refering to the old @myldsmail.net address. The new address is an @gmail.com address which is acceptable.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

alyxlarsen wrote:A Member of my stake(I am the stake clerk so he asked me about this) cannot change his e-mail addresses for his lds.org login account. He has the same e-mail address as the Primary and Alternate e-mail addresses. It is an old e-mail no longer in use. He wants to change it but when he does it tells the following error:

Error: LDS Account does not allow this e-mail domain to be associated with your account. Please enter a different e-mail address.

It is refering to the old e-mail address, it is an @myldsmail.net address. If you attempt to change both the primary and alternate addresses at the same time it tell you that you can only change one e-mail address at a time. But when you try to change one you get the above error, refering to the old @myldsmail.net address. The new address is an @gmail.com address which is acceptable.
That is interesting. I guess the message for us is not to use the same e-mail address for primary and alternate, but that doesn't help that member. It sounds like a situation that you'll have to get help on. Use the Help link on ldsaccount.lds.org, then choose "What if my issue is not listed here?" Then you'll see a link for contacting the support team.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Church Account”