LDS Account API?

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

tomw wrote:Yes they can.

Tom
Just out of curiosity, could a non-member with an LDS Account be associated with a ward. Say, for example, a non member spouse? Or is our policy "you want the ward directory? get baptized first!"
nbflint

Post by nbflint »

nutterb wrote:Just out of curiosity, could a non-member with an LDS Account be associated with a ward. Say, for example, a non member spouse? Or is our policy "you want the ward directory? get baptized first!"

It is very clear that the ward directory is to be used for church use only. We are very careful to guard against political or commercial use of the directory. Since anyone can register an LDS Account someone would have to act as an "approver" to deside what non-members get access to a ward directory and which ones do not.

I would prefer to have a member (the Ward Clerk perhaps) print out a ward calendar and ward directory and hand it to the person. It's not that they can't have the ward directory, they just can't access it online.

jkentner

Post by jkentner »

It would be nice to have the API. Stakes and Wards according to the handbook, can have "unofficial" websites for Ward/Stake purposes. I would love to develop a site for our Stake to have permission forms for activities. There is nothing worse than the tedious manual procedure for leaders to have to hunt down parents to fill out forms, then reconcile who hasn't filled them our, or even filled them out correctly. They could authenticate via their LDS Account to verify who they are, and it I would try to subscribe to the calendar to pull in the activity that they would fill the form out for.

Return to “Church Account”