CANNOT REGISTER IN LDS ACCOUNT

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
ashanti

CANNOT REGISTER IN LDS ACCOUNT

Post by ashanti »

Hello

I'm trying to obtain an LDS Account for my mother, but the system says that either her member number or her birth date is wrong. And that´s impossible, she´s been a member for over twenty years, paid tidings and made temple ordinances under that same code number.
What should I do?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: CANNOT REGISTER IN LDS ACCOUNT

Post by rmrichesjr »

The method that is the most likely to get the problem solved the most quickly is for her to talk to her ward clerk. In the interim, some of the information in the topic/thread at the top of this (the 'Church Account') forum might be helpful: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=30383
klricks

Post by klricks »

ashanti wrote:Hello

I'm trying to obtain an LDS Account for my mother, but the system says that either her member number or her birth date is wrong. And that´s impossible, she´s been a member for over twenty years, paid tidings and made temple ordinances under that same code number.
What should I do?
Having a wrong birth date recorded will not hinder those activities. Ask the Clerk to print her IOS and then verify the information.
Have the Clerk fix any errors and try again. If no errors then it may be necessary to call SLC. Note that when you call, your mother must be present on the phone. You or the Clerk can help but they will not do anything without live verification from the member.
Assistant Ward Clerk
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The message actually says that either the membership record number or birth is incorrect or that an account already exists for that record number.

Your mother has an existing account. See https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=30383#p187433 for more information on what to do next.

Return to “Church Account”