2 Factor Auth does not show QR code for syncing with 3rd party authentication app

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
hrfarley

2 Factor Auth does not show QR code for syncing with 3rd party authentication app

Post by hrfarley »

Hi. I tried to enable 2 Factor Auth on my account. However, I am brought immediately to the TWO-STEP VERIFICATION
Using Third-Party Authenticator App on Your Mobile Device page (see attachment), but I never got to the QR code where I could connect my account in my app. Also I can still sign in with my name + password and no 2-factor auth. It's like I'm in a state where I don't have 2 Factor Auth, but it thinks I have already scanned the QR code with my authentication app on my phone. What is going on with this? How do I get out of this state?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 7.56.51 PM.png
(57.76 KiB) Not downloaded yet
nmahler2

Re: 2 Factor Auth does not show QR code for syncing with 3rd party authentication app

Post by nmahler2 »

I know I had to use the Misrosoft Authenticator App, it wouldn't work for other Third Party Authenticator Apps. Hope this helps!
dworrells

Re: 2 Factor Auth does not show QR code for syncing with 3rd party authentication app

Post by dworrells »

I have the same problem. When I log in I am asked for a code from an authenticator app. I have several installed, but I can't figure out how to enter my LDS account on any of them, and as you say there is no QR code to scan. Also the message I get says to try another method, but there is no way to select a different method. Help please!

Return to “Church Account”