Mobile phone linked to another account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
durangodoc

Mobile phone linked to another account

Post by durangodoc »

I tried to add my mobile phone number to my account and was told it is already assigned to another account which has me concerned. How do I find what account it is already attached to?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Mobile phone linked to another account

Post by russellhltn »

At the sign-in screen, use the "forgot your username?" link. Use your phone number to find the name on the account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tjthorne

Post by tjthorne »

Problem is, if it on another account, you can't use it. My 9 y/o daughter has my cell attached to her account (unverified). I can't remove it from her account and can't add it to mine. I tried tech support, but they sent me the generic "how to recover your password" and "how to change your email". Nothing that actually helped. Resent my request with repetitive information regarding my prior attempts to change it, but still waiting for a response from someone who will dig into the issue and not just send me information that's not applicable to my issue.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

tjthorne wrote:My 9 y/o daughter has my cell attached to her account (unverified). I can't remove it from her account and can't add it to mine.
If you ask your clerk to help you contact the Global Service Center, they should be able to help you with this situation.

Return to “Church Account”