Stop receiving emails OR delete account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
wobina@att.net

Stop receiving emails OR delete account

Post by wobina@att.net »

How do I stop receiving emails from my ward? If this is impossible, I’d like to delete my information from the servers.

Thanks.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Stop receiving emails OR delete account

Post by rmrichesjr »

There are a few things you can do yourself:
  • Go to the Account Settings page for your Church Account, then Email Subscriptions. Unsubscribe from everything (or more specific if you wish).

Go to the Contact settings, select 'Private - Leaders Only' or delete your email address.
To entirely delete your email address(es) from your membership record, your ward membership clerk or ward clerk can do that if that is what you wish. If there is a way to do that yourself, I'm not acquainted with it.

If it's private/personal email you're receiving from other ward members, deleting your email address(es) from the Church systems won't delete the address(es) your ward's members might have in their personal contacts lists and such.

Was that sufficient to answer your question?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

You can change the visibility setting for your household email address and/or personal email address to Private in the Ward Directory and Map.

This is done by logging onto ChurchofJesusChrist.org. After you are logged on select My Account and Ward and click Ward Directory and Map from the middle column (My Ward) of applications. Scroll down to your household name and select/click it. If you want to edit your household contact privacy settings then click the edit link (pencil icon) and then click Privacy from the three menu items just below your household name. Scroll down to Email and select Private from the drop-down list of settings. The same can be done for you personal contact privacy settings by clicking on your name from within the household. Even if you are the only member of your household you will need to select your name when viewing the household to pull up your personal contact information to edit it.

Note that when Private is selected your email address will still be visible to ward leaders. If you do not want them to contact you except under special circumstances you will need to contact your bishop and let him know of your contact desires from ward leaders.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
wobina@att.net

Post by wobina@att.net »

I don’t want to receive any emails whatsoever from anyone in the church. I had already contacted the clerk once and he said I should update my preferences on this site. I’ve tried a plethora of settings including “private” and unsubscribing from all emails, however I’m STILL receiving multiple emails a day from a church I don’t want to be a part of.

It SHOULD NOT be this difficult to stop receiving emails, and I’d go so far as to say that the tick box that says “make my email address available to ward leaders” is highly deceptive because it insinuates access from a directory, not signing up to receive anything on a regular basis.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

wobina@att.net wrote:a church I don’t want to be a part of
I suggest you contact the bishop and discuss the matter with him. As you may have discovered, ghosting the church is not an effective way of leaving it.
wobina@att.net wrote:however I’m STILL receiving multiple emails a day
I see emails from time to time. But to receive that many, I can only assume it's local leaders. You can try and remove your email from the account completely, however, they may have created a private list and are working from that. That's something else you can discuss with the bishop.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wobina@att.net

Post by wobina@att.net »

I didn’t ghost the church. I’ve been inactive for 20+ years. I was exploring this site and registered to look at wards in my area. Unfortunately, in the process of registering I’ve started getting these annoying and unwanted emails. Thereby forcing me to contact people I don’t even know??? As stated, I already emailed the clerk about it and they said they are merely using the list generated by this website.

I’ll contact the bishop this time, but this is seriously something that shouldn’t be so complicated. If people don’t want these emails they shouldn’t be forced to jump through hoops to stop receiving them... An “unsubscribe” button would suffice...
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

wobina@att.net wrote:... An “unsubscribe” button would suffice...
If the email messages you were/are receiving are calendar notifications, and if your email viewer does HTML, there are likely two links at the bottom of the message:
The Contact Settings page gives you the ability to delete your email address or select one of three visibility levels.

A click on Email Subscriptions produces a page that allows selection of a number of types of messages. There is also an 'Unsubscribe From All' box.

The Choose Calendars page likely has a fairly long list of calendars, and for each calendar you can enable or disable reminders.
soronnadindukaadokiye

Post by soronnadindukaadokiye »

i already have an existing account but not linked with my mrn

Return to “Church Account”