why can I donate Tythe but cannot use any other resources

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
jkitch

why can I donate Tythe but cannot use any other resources

Post by jkitch »

Hi,
I'm not a member of the Church yet, but I have an account. I donate money (Tythes) but I cannot look up activities for my branch or use the email server. I am able to use familysearch.org and I am very grateful for that, but I would also like to use other services and receive emails from my branch

Thank you,
John Kitch
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: why can I donate Tythe but cannot use any other resources

Post by jdlessley »

Since you are not a member, there is no membership record number (MRN) associated with your church account. Only those church accounts with a registered MRN have access to church resources for members.

A nonmember account has access to familysearch.org but that access does not include temple work. Individuals with a nonmember account can also make donations to the church. But those donations are limited to general donations to the church through the tything category.

The remaining areas of access that you desire will become available once you are baptized and a membership record is created. Once you have a membership record you will have a MRN that can then be entered into your account profile.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Church Account”