Registering a child account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
jknacnud

Registering a child account

Post by jknacnud »

I have a child who I am helping get an account on LDS.org. As part of the registration process it requires a phone number. My child does not have a phone. When I enter my number I receive the error that says:

"Your mobile phone number is already linked to another Church Account. Because the mobile phone is used for account recovery, it cannot be used on more than one account."

Hilarious. Of course it is already linked to another account.

On the help page it says: "The child does not have an email address or mobile phone. You can create the account with a parent's email or phone."

Sure, unless the parent is already using that information on their own accounts.

I tried using a Google Voice number, but it does not work. Google Voice indicates: "To get text messages from websites, like a bank or subscription service, you'll need to use your mobile carrier number."

How should I proceed? Aside from buying another phone.

I see that many others are also having similar problems registering children for church accounts.

Thanks.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Registering a child account

Post by lajackson »

I have heard that you may continue through the process leaving everything blank until it asks you to enter your (parent) user name and password to verify the child account. I understand this has worked for others. You might try it. Otherwise, ask your clerk to help you contact the Global Service Center to resolve the problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Registering a child account

Post by russellhltn »

If the child doesn't have a phone number, then I'd try leaving that blank.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”