wrong attribution

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
vicki8

wrong attribution

Post by vicki8 »

This is NOT my personal email account. This is the Mission Office account. I need to use this in the office, but I don't like it linked to me as a personal email. I do not like getting things from my home ward through this account. I do not like getting my tithing verification through this account. This is an open account that several people in the office have access to. I have a gmail account for private use that I used to get that information from ward and tithing reports. How did you change my gmail account to the office account, because I did not?
eblood66

Re: wrong attribution

Post by eblood66 »

Nobody on the forums has any control or access to personal information like email addresses. The forums are just for user-to-user help.

However, there are generally only a few people who can change the email address on a membership record. You can do it by visiting https://account.lds.org. A clerk in your home ward (where your records are located) can do it. Or the Global Service Center can do it but it's very unlikely they would. If you are a full-time missionary it's possible that the Missionary department could change it but I'm not sure about that.

But the most likely source is probably your home ward clerk. If someone gave him the office email as a better email address for you then he might have changed it. I'd suggest using the above link to change it back and then contact your ward clerk to ensure they don't change it.
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

vicki8 wrote:This is NOT my personal email account. This is the Mission Office account. I need to use this in the office, but I don't like it linked to me as a personal email. I do not like getting things from my home ward through this account. I do not like getting my tithing verification through this account. This is an open account that several people in the office have access to. I have a gmail account for private use that I used to get that information from ward and tithing reports. How did you change my gmail account to the office account, because I did not?
Tithing payment verification emails are sent based on the email address listed in your Church Account contact settings. You can try signing in to https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org with your personal Church Account credentials, then navigate to Contact Settings to update the email address listed there to your personal gmail account.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nmecantwin73 wrote:Tithing payment verification emails are sent based on the email address listed in your Church Account contact settings.
Which I believe is the same as the "personal" email for the ward directory, and I think with a recent change, the same email as shown on Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders (CDOL). I suspect someone was trying to update your "position" in CDOL with the church mission address and didn't realize it also affected your personal transactions.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote:
nmecantwin73 wrote:Tithing payment verification emails are sent based on the email address listed in your Church Account contact settings.
Which I believe is the same as the "personal" email for the ward directory, and I think with a recent change, the same email as shown on Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders (CDOL). I suspect someone was trying to update your "position" in CDOL with the church mission address and didn't realize it also affected your personal transactions.
Actually the mission positions don't link to the personal email, just Ward, Branch, Stake and District positions do, and they can't be edited via CDOL.

Return to “Church Account”