Phone and email asociated to an LDS account are wrong. I can't recover my account.

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Coby_sud

Phone and email asociated to an LDS account are wrong. I can't recover my account.

Post by Coby_sud »

A clerck of the ward created the LDS acount of my mother. Though the phone numbre and email we used then were right, she lost both ways to recover her lds account, The cleck who helped us then does not remmember the phone or email he used nor us.

Is there a way to recover my mother's account differently? knowing we have not the phone or email already asociated to her account, but she has her MNR.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Phone and email asociated to an LDS account are wrong. I can't recover my account.

Post by russellhltn »

Coby_sud wrote:but she has her MNR.
There used to be a way to recover using the MRN, but it appears that's been removed.

You'll need to ask the clerk to put you in contact with support. There's no one in the forum that can fix or change your account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Phone and email asociated to an LDS account are wrong. I can't recover my account.

Post by jdlessley »

The MRN recovery method is still available, but only to those who have selected that recovery method as an option in their account security settings. So if that option is not presented as a recovery method when the user attempts to recover their account, it was not set as a recovery option. In that case the only option to those who cannot remember the phone number or email address for the account is to contact their ward clerk to assist them in getting in touch with the global service center (GSC).
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:The MRN recovery method is still available,
Where is that located?

I tried clicking "Forgot your username?" link on the login page, but the only options are "Mobile Phone" and "Email". At this point it doesn't know if the account has MRN enabled or not.

Password resetting via MRN might still be available, assuming the account allows it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote:
jdlessley wrote:The MRN recovery method is still available,
Where is that located?
You can check if the MRN recovery method is available by signing in to your account and selecting the Security Settings tab and then selecting the Recovery and Communications Options section. At the bottom of that section is the " Allow my Membership Record Number (MRN) to be used as a recovery option." It must be checked for the option to be enabled.

As I tested the recovery options the same as you I did not see the option to recover my username using the MRN method. So it appears the option has been disabled across the board. I disabled the option in my profile and re-enabled it but saw no change when I tried to recover my username. The last I checked and saw the option to recover using the MRN method was about a year or so ago.

I have submitted an issue report to LDS Account support about the absence of the MRN option for recovering a username and password. The support issue page notified me that it will take 3 to 5 business days for a response.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:As I tested the recovery options the same as you I did not see the option to recover my username using the MRN method. So it appears the option has been disabled across the board.
That's what I'm seeing as well.

You can still recover the password if it's allowed by the account. If it's allowed, you'll see the option. If not, you only have two options (phone or email).

So, if OP doesn't know the username, he/she have to work with support - via the clerk or go back though the help options and skip the forum.

eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

A clerk should be able to edit the email address on the membership record and that should then transfer to LDS Account which might make it possible to recover by email. I'm not sure if that works but it might. But there might be a delay between when the membership record is updated and when the email gets transferred to LDS Account.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

eblood66 wrote: But there might be a delay between when the membership record is updated and when the email gets transferred to LDS Account.
The last time I tested the email address change in the account either through the Directory or through LCR Membership it was immediate in propagating to my LDS Account.
JD Lessley

Return to “Church Account”