Change my last name on personal information section

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
tcrousore

Change my last name on personal information section

Post by tcrousore »

How does a woman change her last name on the personal information section of the LDS account? I don't like my previous last name and it irks me to see it every time I log on. It is the last name of the abusive sociopathic control freak that I escaped from. Please help me.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Change my last name on personal information section

Post by russellhltn »

You'll have to contact your ward membership clerk. I don't think that section updates from the records, so he'll probably have to contact support to get it updated.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

The Clerk can update all the Name sections. There might be a pop up with certain sections, that requires an answer.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The clerk can update all the names on the membership record and fix the what's seen on the directory and LDS Tools. But, from what I've seen, the "personal information section of the LDS Account" doesn't update. No idea why, but apparently it's been that way for a long time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

russellhltn wrote:The clerk can update all the names on the membership record and fix the what's seen on the directory and LDS Tools. But, from what I've seen, the "personal information section of the LDS Account" doesn't update. No idea why, but apparently it's been that way for a long time.
Ah, I didn't know that. Never actually had that problem raised.
salthegal

Post by salthegal »

Hi,
I can't get my last name changed on my profile with LDS.org. My ward clerk changed my last name in LDS tools and the display name is now changed to the new last name; however the contact information still has my old last name. Please help.
salvoromaia@gmail.com

Post by salvoromaia@gmail.com »

Our Bishop already changed my last name. But I don't know why. I thought that if my family name was changed by the personnel in our Ward or by our Bishop it will automatically change my LDS account, family history account and BYU-PathwayConnect account. Please help me with this. Thank you.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

salvoromaia@gmail.com wrote:Our Bishop already changed my last name. But I don't know why. I thought that if my family name was changed by the personnel in our Ward or by our Bishop it will automatically change my LDS account, family history account and BYU-PathwayConnect account. Please help me with this. Thank you.
To make sure there is no misunderstanding:

This is a user-to-user discussion forum. Someone might see your post and offer a suggestion, but there is no guarantee. In order to get specific help for a specific case, please use the 'Feedback' button or link on a page related to your LDS Account. The announcement thread/topic in this forum also has additional information about requesting specific help/support:

https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=30383

Also, I'm informed there may be a 24 hour (or perhaps longer in some cases) delay in some changes becoming visible.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

salvoromaia@gmail.com wrote:Our Bishop already changed my last name. But I don't know why. I thought that if my family name was changed by the personnel in our Ward or by our Bishop it will automatically change my LDS account, family history account and BYU-PathwayConnect account. Please help me with this. Thank you.
My wife is in BYU-Pathway. She told me that changing your LDSAccount does not automatically change your BYU-PathwayConnect account - they are separate so you will need to contact BYU-Pathway to change that account. You should have access to local service missionaries for the BYU-Pathway program and they should be able to assist if needed.
mgbonhard

Post by mgbonhard »

There seems to be a disconnect between my lds account and the membership info m clerk can access. Since I got married, three years ago, my clerk changed my last name on my membership records. It is unlcear why this hasn't transpired on my lds account, even though I have it linked to my membership information. Please help.

Return to “Church Account”