2 separate accounts

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
cre8tiff10

2 separate accounts

Post by cre8tiff10 »

Hi, I am having issues due to the fact I have 2 separate accounts under my name & membership #, one is linked to my work email & one is linked to my personal email. Is there a way to cancel one of them or combine the 2? Thank you
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: 2 separate accounts

Post by jdlessley »

I would be surprised if the situation you describe with two accounts with the same MRN exists since we have been assured that a MRN can only exist in one account. I would check again to see if the MRN is the same in both accounts or if the MRN is actually recorded in both accounts. Then, no matter the situation, contact your ward clerk and he can work with you to contact the global service center (GSC) to delete one or combine them.

Be sure to get back with us here once you have contacted the GSC and resolved the two accounts. We would like to know if and how two accounts are possible using the same MRN.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lori.williams2012@yahoo.com

Post by lori.williams2012@yahoo.com »

Hello,
I apparently have two accounts that are linked to my email. I want to only use the one that has my email as my username. However, it will not allow me to get my tax documents because it says I am linked to a different account. How can I resolve this issue? I only need one account.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

lori.williams2012@yahoo.com wrote:Hello,
I apparently have two accounts that are linked to my email. I want to only use the one that has my email as my username. However, it will not allow me to get my tax documents because it says I am linked to a different account. How can I resolve this issue? I only need one account.
As noted in the post before yours, your ward clerk will need to help you get in contact with the Global Service Center who can combine the accounts or delete one as appropriate.

In the meantime, your clerk can provide you with the tax documents you need so they are not held up waiting for the account issue to be resolved.

Return to “Church Account”