Ward Records keep moving

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
DRCLEVELAND62

Ward Records keep moving

Post by DRCLEVELAND62 »

My records keep being sent to my old ward
I keep being read in as a new member in my ex wife’s ward. Wooo hoo oh the rumors began anew lol
I went to church last week and I even said hello to my bishop I also spoke to him this morning after Sacrament meeting
I even raised my hand confirming new ward business
Only to get a angry call from my ex
Wanting to know why I had my records sent
I didn’t however it’s not worth the fight
How do I keep my records separate from my ex and why do they keep sending them back?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ward Records keep moving

Post by russellhltn »

Records do not move on their own. Someone is moving them. That someone is going to be the bishop, ward clerk, or ward membership clerk of one of the two wards involved.

One possibility: With "few exceptions", the record should be in the ward whose boundaries you live in. So, any confusion over where you are living could cause this. It could also be an issue if the new ward is rejecting the record because the address is not within their boundaries.

If you want an exception, you'll need to talk to the bishop of the new ward, have it taken up with the stake president(s), and they can submit a request to the First Presidency. (Which is why you'll see so few exceptions.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”