Unknown account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
sallyhaangana

Unknown account

Post by sallyhaangana »

I tried to input my membership number and it said that membership number has already been used in an account and I have no idea what that account is. I really want to solve this so I can submit my mission papers for I have been going through this issue for a month now.Please help.
momof7is

Re: Unknown account

Post by momof7is »

I am having the same problem. I have a new Stake calling (1st Councilor in Stake R.S.) and was told to update my account so I could have access to information related to my calling. The only thing that appeared to be missing was my membership number. When I tried to enter it, a message said: Either the MRN and/or birth date is not valid or the account already exists. It is possible that I signed up many years ago with a different username but I have no idea what it was and no idea how to find it. I know that my birth date is correct and I double checked my MRN. In fact, I copied and pasted it from my husbands account so I know it is correct. How should I proceed?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Please read the announcement topic/thread at the top of this (the "LDS Account") forum. It has the solutions you are looking for.
bradjulie

Post by bradjulie »

I am having the same trouble as above stated. I went to the Forum and the announcement thread, but saw nothing to help me with. I don't remember 1st account, so I set up a second one. I can not access anything at all on membership even after changing passwords and adding correct membership number. Can anyone help?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

bradjulie wrote:I am having the same trouble as above stated. I went to the Forum and the announcement thread, but saw nothing to help me with. I don't remember 1st account, so I set up a second one. I can not access anything at all on membership even after changing passwords and adding correct membership number. Can anyone help?
The second post in the announcement thread was written specifically to solve the above-stated case (the MRN is already connected to an account, but the user does not know the username):
scgallafent wrote:If you are trying to create a new LDS Account or adding an MRN to an existing LDS Account, you may get a message that says "Either the MRN and/or birthdate is not valid or the account already exists." If you have verified that your MRN and birth date are correct, the likely problem is that there is an existing LDS Account associated with your membership record number. Only one LDS Account can be associated with a membership record number.

To find the existing account:
  • Go to https://ldsaccount.lds.org/
  • Click on "Forgot your username?"
  • Follow the process for recovering your account using your membership record number
Can you describe precisely what did not work? If there's a situation that needs additional instructions, knowing precisely what the problem is will help someone write additional instructions.

With (as it sounds) two accounts now having been created, but with only one having a MRN connected to it, if you wish to merge the two accounts, please contact your ward clerk to get that taken care of.
hatchspe

Post by hatchspe »

One of the main problems is that the member we are working with does not remember the password nor the username. As we try to recover the account information the site simply says "this option is not valid for this account" and we have tried all of the options without success. The membership number is correct, the birthday is correct, and the other information we have placed is correct, we just don't know how to move forward. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

In this case it is best to work with your ward clerk to help you contact the global service center (GSC).
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mike.thompson

Post by mike.thompson »

I am trying to help a sister in my ward with this issue. She has no MRN assigned to her account. When we try to enter it, she gets the 'MRN already assigned to an account message.' There is no option for retrieving the username using MRN from the 'forgot username' screen. The only options are using phone or email. Is there another way to retrieve the username?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mike.thompson wrote:Is there another way to retrieve the username?
If she has no idea what the phone number or email address in that other account is then have her work with the ward clerk to get her into contact with the Global Service Center (GSC). They can find the other account and recover it. She will need to have her MRN ready to give them. They can also merge the two accounts if necessary.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Church Account”