Directory INFO for members showing Ministering sis/bro

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
beckyjalbrecht

Directory INFO for members showing Ministering sis/bro

Post by beckyjalbrecht »

I am told I should be able to see who each sisters ministering sister is. I am the Compassionate Service leader, this would be very helpful to me. The RS President said that she has access and that we all should have access to this, but I am thinking maybe it may just be access for her. If I am able to have this show up then what do I need to do to have this show up in the directory? Also I have two accounts the account I am using is the one with my MSR. I would like to delete my other account if possible because it is link with my phone # and I would like to have my phone # linked up with my account with the MSR account. HELP.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Directory INFO for members showing Ministering sis/bro

Post by russellhltn »

beckyjalbrecht wrote:Also I have two accounts the account I am using is the one with my MSR. I would like to delete my other account if possible because it is link with my phone # and I would like to have my phone # linked up with my account with the MSR account. HELP.
You need to speak with your ward clerk/ward membership clerk about how to contact support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

You will want to verify with the Ward Clerk or RS President that you are entered into a Standard Calling in LCR for the Relief Society Compassionate Service. If you are in a non-standard calling on the system, you will not have the rights needed to see the Ministering information.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

beckyjalbrecht wrote:If I am able to have this show up then what do I need to do to have this show up in the directory?
In addition to what has been posted, there is a misunderstanding as to where ministering information may be viewed. When using online resources the only place ministering assignments are viewable is through Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR). Ministering assignments have not yet been programmed to be displayed in the LDS.org Directory. Ministering assignments are, however, viewable in the mobile app LDS Tools directory.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Right. Only LCR and LDS Tools has that information. Regardless of calling, you should be able to see who ministers to you and your ministering assignments in LDS Tools. The question is if you have the rights to see everyone's ministering assignments.

Only selected callings have access to LCR. I'm not sure if that includes Compassionate Service.

I'm sure in time, the ability to see your assignments on-line will be available to all. But the developers are a very small team and badly backlogged.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

According to the access table in Leader and Clerk Resources, the two standard callings "Relief Society Compassionate Service Coordinator" and "Relief Society Compassionate Service Assistant Coordinator" should have access to see ministering assignments on Leader and Clerk Resources. Can you see assignments there? I don't know if that access filters down to the LDS Tools app (it should, but if the rules for access have changed recently, it might take time and/or an app update for LDS Tools and Leader and Clerk Resources to be on the same page).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:it might take time
Not to mention that it can take 24 hours after the calling is recorded before the new rights are available. Also, for LDS Tools, you need to sync to get the data after the rights have been applied.

Return to “Church Account”