Cannot sign in using Chrome

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
KGBurton

Cannot sign in using Chrome

Post by KGBurton »

Chrome is my preferred browser. I have used it almost daily to access FamilySearch.org. After the FamilySearch update a couple of days ago, I cannot sign in to my lds account (I don't know if my problem is related to that or not).

FamilySearch.org, LDS.org, and LDSChurch.org are in my whitelist for popups.

When I go to FamilySearch.org to login, it sends me to this URL: https://ident.lds.org/sso/UI/Login?serv ... lang%3Deng

and I see
Screenshot - 2019-01-08 , 10_31_39 AM.png
(28.95 KiB) Not downloaded yet
When I click the Sign In button after entering my login information, it sends me to this URL: https://l14086.ldschurch.org/sso/UI/Login
and I see
Screenshot - 2019-01-08 , 10_31_56 AM.png
Screenshot - 2019-01-08 , 10_31_56 AM.png (12.52 KiB) Viewed 1524 times
It clearly isn't my computer (or antivirus) or my network router or connection because I didn't have any trouble logging in to submit this using Microsoft Edge.

Any ideas what is going on?

Thank you,
Ken
haddoj

Re: Cannot sign in using Chrome

Post by haddoj »

I also am getting this for the past month or two using chrome on windows 10. I can log in using chrome on m android device, or any other browser on my win10 device. I have disabled my ad-block on the browser without effect, I even disabled my DNS based content filter with no effect. This is very annoying
haddoj

Post by haddoj »

haddoj wrote:I also am getting this for the past month or two using chrome on windows 10. I can log in using chrome on m android device, or any other browser on my win10 device. I have disabled my ad-block on the browser without effect, I even disabled my DNS based content filter with no effect. This is very annoying
I uninstalled Chrome, rebooted and then reinstalled and things are working now
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Deleting cookies and clearing browser caches is often helpful, because sometimes cookies and/or cache get corrupted, which can cause a lot of very odd symptoms. If that does not solve the problem, please use the 'Feedback' button/link to report the problem and request official help with it. In your message/report, please state that you have already tried deleting cookies and clearing browser caches--else the initial response to your report will most likely be a suggestion to try that.

Return to “Church Account”