2FA - "Enable Now" button leads to a Not Found page. Workaround?

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
smasiello

2FA - "Enable Now" button leads to a Not Found page. Workaround?

Post by smasiello »

I am in the process of trying to put together some training for our local clerks and leaders on the importance of enabling and using 2FA on their lds.org accounts, however the "Enable Now" link on the page to learn more about 2FA leads to a Not Found error looking for the following URL:

The requested URL /multiFactorAuthentication&target=https://www.lds.org/?lang=eng&showDomain=true was not found on this server.

It appears from reading some of the posts that there are people who have successfully enabled this feature so is there a work around that I can use? I have reached out via the web site's Contact Us form multiple times to see about getting this issue resolved, but I don't even receive an acknowledgement of the issue, much less a response :(

Thank you in advance!

--Sam Masiello
smasiello

Re: 2FA - "Enable Now" button leads to a Not Found page. Workaround?

Post by smasiello »

Bumping this thread...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might try using a different browser. I know for a time, the main lds.org web page didn't work right with IE or Edge.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kristinchristenson1
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by kristinchristenson1 »

Hi Sam,

Great catch! We will get that bug fixed. In the meantime, to enable Two-Step Verification, take these steps:
1. Navigate to ldsaccount.lds.org and log in.
2. On the left-side navigation panel, select the bottom option, labeled "Two-Step Verification."
3. Click the "Enable" button.

You can set up Two-Step Verification with your mobile phone via SMS code, the LDS Authenticator App (download from the app store), or using a third-party authenticator app such as Google Authenticator or Authy.

Good luck!

Kristin

Return to “Church Account”