won't load ward directory in Firefox now

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
rankinm

won't load ward directory in Firefox now

Post by rankinm »

I've been accessing my ward and stake directory with Firefox just fine for years. Now it goes to the ward directory page but won't load the page. I tried earlier versions of Firefox without success. It loads fine on Internet Explorer but I don't like to use that browser.
WWeinzinger

Re: won't load ward directory in Firefox now

Post by WWeinzinger »

Same thing here for Chrome and Edge. Within the last day or two, when I click on the link for MY WARD - Directory - the browser throws up the message: "User is not authorized for this application".
I can successfully go to all the other links under MY WARD. The Calendar, Donations and Ward Map all work just fine. It's just the Directory that has been broken somehow.
When it first started misbehaving, it didn't throw up the error message. It just sat there with the rotating circle, looking like it was trying to load. At that point, the URL displayed at the top was https://www.lds.org/directory/?lang=eng . I could then delete the "?lang=eng" part and the browser would be able to successfully load the directory, but now that the error message appears, that seldom works anymore. The results are the same whether I'm using Chrome or Edge so I don't think the problem lies on my end.
[Moderator edit: line with link removed.]
Thanks!
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

I'm also seeing similar symptoms with Firefox in the directory web application. My guess is the database layer is having difficulties serving the data needed by the directory--possibly internal network congestion or excessive machine load.

A very few people work rather hard to make the Church's online infrastructure work. It would be more useful to use the relevant Feedback link to report the symptoms you are seeing. It would be good to include information such as your browser name(s) and browser version(s), the time you saw the symptoms, how frequent the symptoms were visible, exact error messages seen, and whether the symptoms remained or disappeared when you did a page refresh/reload.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I've experienced intermittent problems with the directory not loading lately. Since it's not consistent for me, it's more difficult to report problems.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”