Updating country prompt

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
mdmcghie

Updating country prompt

Post by mdmcghie »

When I go to "Account Settings", the Personal Information page appears on the screen and I am prompted "Please select your country", but when I scroll down, select my country from the list, and attempt to save, I get the message under the Country field "This workforce field is read only". So, I cancel the attempted update of my country and try to access another page within the Account Settings directory and the "Please select your country" prompt reappears and I am unable to access any other Account Settings screen. Can anyone help me solve this conundrum?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Updating country prompt

Post by russellhltn »

You'll have to ask the ward clerk for the contact information at support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Don’t know if this will make any difference to persons being asked for Country details, under certain conditions, but whilst editing member addresses etc, in LCR, the option to add the Country is offered. The Country doesn’t always appear in the normal View Member Profile. The Ward/Assistant Clerk can do this.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:Don’t know if this will make any difference to persons being asked for Country details, under certain conditions, but whilst editing member addresses etc, in LCR, the option to add the Country is offered. The Country doesn’t always appear in the normal View Member Profile. The Ward/Assistant Clerk can do this.
So, perhaps the clerk CAN fix this without calling support.

It would be nice to know if this works. If it does, we should submit a suggestion to make that field mandatory in LCR so it can't be left blank.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”