how to turn off 2 step enabler - what a night mare it it presents!!!

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
tdstong

how to turn off 2 step enabler - what a night mare it it presents!!!

Post by tdstong »

:evil: How do I shut off thus 2 step enabler??????
It I has been a nightmare. I have tried for 20 minutes to shut it off, but the site only offers to turn it on or to add many more like enablers. I never knew how terrible it would be. The geeks behind this site assume we find the site friendly and easy to navigate. It is not. It is like the smart phones. When you open the system there is not guidance. Over and over the site is populated with codes what are not known. For example, on this page it says "BBCode" is on. What does that mean to a human being? Yes, I am frustrated. I can't even go to the restroom without on return finding I have to enter my name ID, my password, and then find my phone to wait for a ttext message. Just this day I had to seek a text message to move on 6 times. Somewhere there was a note that you could remain logged in for 2 weeks. Yet there was clue how you elect that. I have 9 years of university education. Imagine the endless challenges your site poses the average person. Please send the geeks to "spirit prison" that think this site is readily understood.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: how to turn off 2 step enabler - what a night mare it it presents!!!

Post by Mikerowaved »

I agree it can be frustrating, I've especially noticed there very little help if something goes wrong, like you lose your phone.

As far as turning off the 2-step verification, go to the LDS Account page and select Two-Step Verification. Next to your verification method, you'll see the following symbol:
gear.jpg
gear.jpg (8.8 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
Click on this and select "Disable". That should shut it off.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
stephengarywall@gmail.com

Post by stephengarywall@gmail.com »

As a follow-up to @tdstong's question, I'm facing the same problem of wanting to turn off the two-step, unfortunately I can't access the LDS Account page.
@Mikerowaved is there a workaround when I can't even access account settings?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

stephengwall@byu.net wrote:@Mikerowaved is there a workaround when I can't even access account settings?
Yep. You'll need to contact the Global Service Center (GSC). Your ward clerk can get you the number. Be prepared, they will ask you some personal questions to establish your identity.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”