Why does Lds login page display when I try to use gmail

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
mcdc92

Why does Lds login page display when I try to use gmail

Post by mcdc92 »

Every time I try to open gmail or google drive from my PC the LDS login page loads instead. I can't access either of them now. Why is this happening and how can i fix it?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Why does Lds login page display when I try to use gmail

Post by russellhltn »

How are you trying to get to gmail? If you're using a shortcut or a bookmark, it may have gotten changed. Try typing gmail.google.com into your browser.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jaybob94

Post by jaybob94 »

I'm having the same problem no matter what URL I use. It is happening in Chrome, but not in MS Edge.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

If the last email address used with Gmail was a myldsmail.net account, it is probably trying to log into that account, which redirects you to LDS.org for authentication.

Without being in that situation and having a chance to experiment with it, I'm not sure how to best get out of that situation. You could try logging into your LDS Account and then see if that gets you in a position where you can log out of the myldsmail.net account and then log into the correct Gmail account.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Chrome tends to link gmail logins with "browser logins". If you're using chrome, I'd look in the upper right and click on the account icon and log out. The icon is probably a letter in a circle, unless someone changed it to a photo.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
planxty

Same problem, but in Safari (Re: Why does Lds login page display when I try to use gmail)

Post by planxty »

I'm having the same problem, only in Safari (not in Chrome). How do I break this connection in Safari so that I can follow links to Google docs etc. in that browser?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Same problem, but in Safari (Re: Why does Lds login page display when I try to use gmail)

Post by sbradshaw »

planxty wrote:I'm having the same problem, only in Safari (not in Chrome). How do I break this connection in Safari so that I can follow links to Google docs etc. in that browser?
If you go to Google.com, you should see a profile picture/image in the top right. Click that, then click "Sign Out." Then, click the "Sign In" button. You should see a "Choose an account" screen. From there, you can remove the old account entirely, or add a different account.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
rowemom

Post by rowemom »

I'm having this problem today. I'm not logged into either site, though, so I don't have the option to sign out. Google login takes me directly to the missionary email site. I'm not a missionary, but have a son who is. It wants me to verify an email there, but I don't have one to use, and that pop up won't go away so I can't even click on anything else. Any ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Where URL are you using and what options do you see? If I go to gmail.google.com, I see an option to "remove account".

kristinashby

Post by kristinashby »

I am having this problem as well. It just started. I tried having my son log out of his missionary account from his phone and have tried the above mentioned ideas, but nothing seems to be helping.
Thanks

Return to “Church Account”