how to recover mrn from old account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Sethfroggy

how to recover mrn from old account

Post by Sethfroggy »

About 4 months ago i was creating a lds.org account because our deacons leader recommended for things like familysearch.org so i entered in all of my information then it said that i was under the age of 13 so I used my mothers email for verification. I told her about it and she said she'd do it later. Well 4 months later we start indexing for young mens and we tried creating accounts. i created a new lds.org account to use because my mother hasn't approved it yet. i go in to enter my mrn and it says another account is using so I tell my mom after mutual and she checked the email from 4 months ago and it did nothing so we create a new account without using the mrn. I now want to use some member only tools and i cant because of the mess we got in and now my mrn is linked to an account i cant use. I know you can can create your family search account using the mrn and i did but my mom never receives an email to verify the email to start using the account so now i don't have an active account for both family search and lds.org with an mrn and now i cant because they both say another account is using it. What do i do to get my mrn back as unused by other accounts?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: how to recover mrn from old account

Post by scgallafent »

Have you tried recovering your original account? I would start by going to https://ldsaccount.lds.org/ and see if you can reset the password.
Xandercase5

Post by Xandercase5 »

i had the same problem but i cant remember what email or phone number i had to recover my account, so now that im in seminary and need my mrn for my seminary account i cant use it because its linked to an old account\
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Your personal phone number displayed in Member Tools as well as in the online Directory is [should be) the same as the one in your Church Account. If you don't have a personal phone number listed in those places then you can add one and it will update your Church Account personal information. You can also trigger a change to the number registered in your Church Account by changing the one displayed in Member Tools or in the online Directory, waiting a while, and then changing it to the one you want to keep for the future. If you are under the age of 18 then your parents or an adult in your household will need to make the change in Member Tools or the online Directory for you. Alternatively you can have the ward clerk or the membership clerk make the change for you.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Church Account”