What will I be locked out of if I don't change my password?

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
palmnut

What will I be locked out of if I don't change my password?

Post by palmnut »

I keep receiving emails saying if I don't change my password I will be locked out of certain church sites.
I have been in 2 bishoprics and high priest group leader twice, and I have not ever been asked to change my password.
Now I an a family history consultant. What internal church sites exactly do I have access to now (and apparently will soon be locked out of) that I didn't as a bishopric member or high priests group leader?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: What will I be locked out of if I don't change my password?

Post by russellhltn »

Based on some posts from other users: you're likely to be locked out of all of them and will have to contact GSC to get re-enabled.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I don't know why ward temple and family history consultants would have stricter password policies than other callings, but you do have access to tools on FamilySearch as part of your calling that others don't have – for example, the Temple and Family History Consultant Planner.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

If you are a stake-called Seminary instructor or a Temple worker, your account will have been added to the 'General Employee' password policy -- for Temples, a change implemented in the past six months, or so. Many Temple workers have rights to computer systems with their credentials, which, I suppose, is why all have been included.

Return to “Church Account”