Account settings defaults to "workforce"

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
batesjd

Account settings defaults to "workforce"

Post by batesjd »

Any time I try to access my account it automatically defaults to /workforce and will not let me access any other portion of the account. I do not work for the church and for some reason my account is locked on this URL and I cannot do anything about it. I click on other areas of my account "personal information", etc. and it automatically defaults right back to /workforce. Any help?
drepouille

Re: Account settings defaults to "workforce"

Post by drepouille »

A sister in my ward showed me a similar problem in church today. She recently changed her password, and was asked questions about her workforce account. She is not in the workforce.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Workforce includes stake-called Seminary and Institute instructors and a few other select church callings where the person serving has access to certain church databases. You may need to have your ward clerk connect you with the Global Service Center to see if the workforce status can be removed.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

As the ward clerk, I called the GSC about this issue today. They told me that the member must call the GSC herself to resolve this problem. I guess they don't want to talk to the ward clerk about it, since the member must verify her identity before they can continue.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
karrenhallwillard

Post by karrenhallwillard »

I keep getting an email about being locked out of my lds.org account if I don't change my password. I just logged in on my account and it forces me to "WorkForce". I can't access anything else. It shows me as a volunteer at the temple with my supervisor Lavell Chritensen. I am an Ordinance Worker, not an employee nor a volunteer. What is going on? You've got a big bug in your code. (BTW: I'm also a senior software engineer.) If indeed I'm supposed to call the GSC, I have no idea what that acronym stands for.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

karrenhallwillard wrote:If indeed I'm supposed to call the GSC, I have no idea what that acronym stands for.
Here's a list of common LDS acronyms:

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Glossary

In it you'll find GSC = Global Service Center. Click on it and you'll see the different ways of contacting them.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”