Ward Mission Leaders locked out of what?

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
JonSevy

Ward Mission Leaders locked out of what?

Post by JonSevy »

"If you do not change your password, you will be locked out of some Church systems."

I use no special systems that the average member cannot access. Why am I receiving this vague warning email? It looks like a phishing expedition.

Changing passwords is like holding meetings: it's foolish to do it just for the sake of doing it.
nmecantwin73

Re: Ward Mission Leaders locked out of what?

Post by nmecantwin73 »

There are some positions that are given the "Employee Password Policy" even though they are not paid employees. Those positions include (but not limited to) a stake-called seminary instructor and Temple workers, because the LDS account username and password are used to access church systems in some instances. I know the Temple worker policy was implemented within the past six months, or so, via the Temple Department - regardless of whether or not you access any Temple systems.

Do you hold either of these positions or any other that may fall into this category?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ward Mission Leaders locked out of what?

Post by russellhltn »

Go to ldsaccount.lds.org. Check on the left side and see if you have a "tab" called "Workforce". If you do, then that explains why you have to change your password every so often. Why you have that is a different question. It's there for church employees and other certain other positions.
JonSevy wrote:I use no special systems that the average member cannot access.
Not true. You have access to LCR. The average member does not.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”