Multiple email accounts.

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
kathyinezthompson

Multiple email accounts.

Post by kathyinezthompson »

Hello. I am a FamilySearch missionary. I receive a lot of email pertaining to my mission. I want it in a separate, distinct email account, not hidden in the middle of my busy email accounts.

So I created a new account just for missionary work. Changed my email profile in Salesforce, and ta da, like magic (black evil magic) it updated instantly so that my lds account will reflect that missionary account. So once more I can have ward members and other church emails all directed into the missionary account.

PLEASE disconnect that feature that links the two. I want SEPARATE accounts, this is not unusual or unexpected, 3/4 of the world has multiple accounts. We ought to be able to list any and all emails we like, and then designate which account is used for what purpose. Younger full time missionaries all automatically get ldsmail accounts for that very purpose!

I'm frustrated right now, because as of now, I have two choices... let my OS emails be hidden in the midst of my airline receipts, sales adds, political pleas, and a bunch of other stuff.... or throw out that designated account for everyone to start using. What rotten choices, and so easily avoided in this high tech world!!

Kathy Thompson
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Multiple email accounts.

Post by russellhltn »

This forum is primarily user-to-user support. We have no say in how the church works. I'd suggest using the Feedback link on the main lds.org page.

At one time we did have separate email addresses. (LDSAccount separate from the Directory) But I suspect that too many found it too confusing and it was all consolidated to just one email entry.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”