LDS Tools/Account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Mrylie11

LDS Tools/Account

Post by Mrylie11 »

I have been trying to log onto LDS Tools on my phone and when I put my username and password in a pop-up comes up that says "LDS Tools is only available for use by members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If you are a church member, please update your membership status on your LDS Account, and then sign in to LDS Tools again." When I go to update my membership status on my LDS Account, it says that my number/DOB are invalid or there is already an account with this number. What do I need to do to fix this?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: LDS Tools/Account

Post by jonesrk »

Mrylie11 wrote: or there is already an account with this number.
It's likely that you have already created an account for something else. You can try to recover the account using your mrn and see if that is the case.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mrylie11 wrote: it says that my number/DOB are invalid
If you're getting your MRN from a handwritten source, it may be wrong. You might want to check with your clerk to verify both your MRN and DOB. The easiest way is to ask for a IOS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sidneytovey

Post by sidneytovey »

My account is telling me that my mrn is connected to another account. I have reset a new username and password but it is still telling me I should go to account recovery to fix it the already connected mrn. Where exactly would I go for this? I’m having trouble navigating my way through this process.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Go to the first thread in this forum titled "PLEASE READ FIRST: Answers to Most Church Account Problems" and follow the instructions in the second post of that thread.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Church Account”