LDS Account for my other sister

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
familyhistory1988

LDS Account for my other sister

Post by familyhistory1988 »

I have another sister who also served a mission in Salt Lake City and she had a LDS account for that mission and now she is done but I don't have access to that account and I want to set up an account for her. Please help me.
[email removed]
Last edited by russellhltn on Tue May 29, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed email - this is a public forum.
Steven Duncan
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Account for my other sister

Post by russellhltn »

steven_duncan33 wrote:she had a LDS account for that mission
If she had an account, then she still has an account. Accounts are assigned to people, not roles.

Normally, no one else should be accessing that account. Again, they are assigned to individuals, not groups.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
familyhistory1988

LDS account

I have a sister who served a mission and she just finished that mission and I have no access to the account. I need help.

Note from moderator: Moved this post (merged the topic to be more precise) here, because it appears to be the same discussion.
Steven Duncan
familyhistory1988

The thing is that it was a different email address she had and has no longer access to it.
Steven Duncan
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

steven_duncan33 wrote:The thing is that it was a different email address she had and has no longer access to it.
Use the "forgot" link on the login page. She'll have different options to recover it. Some do not rely on the email address.

If she needs help beyond that, she'll need to work with her ward clerk. There's no provisions to recover someone else's account. That would be a security breach.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
familyhistory1988

The thing is I don’t know the email she used on her mission.
Steven Duncan
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

steven_duncan33 wrote:The thing is I don’t know the email she used on her mission.
It does not matter, and she will not need to know that, either. She should be able to recover her account using her Membership Record Number and the "Forgot your username" link.
familyhistory1988

Could someone give me a call to help me out? My number is [number removed].
Last edited by russellhltn on Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove phone number
Steven Duncan
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Your phone number has been removed as this is a public forum. I don't think you want that out there.

Once again, your sister needs to work with her ward clerk.

Return to “Church Account”