Account email address not saving

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
morrisrich

Account email address not saving

Post by morrisrich »

I've been paying my tithing online since the church gave this option. Recently my calling change and since then, when I go to pay my tithing it keeps giving me the message that this requires an email address on my account. Not sure why my email got deleted because I've used this email for years receiving email from the church. When I go to my account settings, my email address is gone and when I put it back in and save it, I go out and back in, it's gone. This is preventing me from paying my tithing and not sure how to get around it.
davesudweeks

Re: Account email address not saving

Post by davesudweeks »

This is a user-to-user help forum. Unless someone here has experienced the same type of issue you are having, no one will likely be able to answer your question. You might ask your clerk to look into it - he can contact the global service center on your behalf if needed and they have the ability to enter your e-mail address in a manner that will make it stick or advise you on what the problem is.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

morrisrich wrote:When I go to my account settings, my email address is gone and when I put it back in and save it, I go out and back in, it's gone.
Just to verify, you're going to ldsaccount.lds.org?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JDragon2.0

Post by JDragon2.0 »

I am having this same problem. I navigate to https://account.lds.org/contactInformation and try to update my email address. I click save over and over and nothing happens. When I try to navigate to one of the other pages in the menu, I receive the message "Your information has been changed, but not saved. Please save or cancel your changes." I try to click save again and again, and nothing is saved. The only way to navigate away from the page using the menu is to cancel.

Return to “Church Account”