Account recovery & Two Step Verification issues

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
gertschj

Account recovery & Two Step Verification issues

Post by gertschj »

I have two issues. I have repeatedly tried to set up account recovery. I never get the text message they send. This despite having tried with two different phone providers over the past year.

Second, I am trying to enable Two Step Verification. I have tried the third-party authenticator route. I am using the andOTP app. It scanned the QR code as well. When I put in the 6 digit code to verify, nothing happens. Obviously the text message option doesn't work either. I didn't try the LDS authenticator. Any ideas?
laneytemple

Re: Account recovery & Two Step Verification issues

Post by laneytemple »

My question if simply how can we cancel the two step verification on our account.

Please send reply to:
laneygs@gmail.com

Thank you,

Steve Laney
[phone number removed]
Last edited by russellhltn on Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: personal contact ifnormation removed - this is a public forum
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You can turn off two-step verification or change your two-step verification settings under "Two-Step Verification" at LDSAccount.LDS.org.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
hallistone

Post by hallistone »

Help! I go to the 2-factor authentication page, and there is NO link to disable it.

I have a new phone and am trying to make the change over.

Please help!

Halli Stone
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

hallistone wrote:Help! I go to the 2-factor authentication page, and there is NO link to disable it.
Where did you go? Was it ldsaccount.lds.org?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dkerkes

Post by dkerkes »

I have the same issue. I need to disable the two-step verification. Using the two-step verification does not allow RootsMagic to connect to my account. When I try to change to password for my Ancestry account it unlinks it from my free LDS subscription for all free sites.
There is no disable link anywhere on lds.org or ldsaccunt.lds.org. HELP
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dkerkes wrote:There is no disable link anywhere on lds.org or ldsaccunt.lds.org.
Is there a "Two-Step Verification" "tab" on the left side when you log into ldsaccount.lds.org?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dkerkes

Post by dkerkes »

There is a link called "two-step verification. When I click the link, it pulls up a page that allows you to enable two-step verification. It says mine is enabled but does not show anywhere to disable it. This is really frustrating because it has put a stop to my family history work. RootsMagic has no way to access the two-step verification to allow login to Family Search. Why does your two-step verification webpage supposedly have a disable link when mine and many others do not? This should really be an easy issue. How do I get help for this issue now? I am having family history withdrawals. lol
dkerkes

Post by dkerkes »

I found the answer on how to disable two-step verification.
1. Click on link for two-step verification.
2. Under where it says you have it enabled, there is a box that says Option. It shows your phone number.
3. Click in the box.
4. There is a sprocket on the upper right side of the box.
5. Click the sprocket.
6. Choose disable.
Yahoo!!!!
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I am having a similar problem and have read all the posts on this, but still need help. I am helping a sister who does not have a cell phone. I have set up her LDS Account, but when I try to go to anyplace that needs her login, it wants her to sig up for Two Step and says it is sending her verification to a cell phone. It seems it is requiring two step before she can sign in for anything, but she has NOT enabled it... HELP!

Return to “Church Account”