cant access my new stake directory

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
nataliabezerra

cant access my new stake directory

Post by nataliabezerra »

my records got moved to new ward and stake last year but i cant access the information of my new stake on LDS tools or on LDS.org, it just shows me the directory of my older stake! i already sync and already removed the app and downloaded again and is still the same!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: cant access my new stake directory

Post by russellhltn »

Odds are your records never got moved. Or, at least the MRN on your account doesn't match the MRN that did get moved.

There have been problems with ward/stake splits, but standard moves should work without any issues.

I'd suggest getting with your ward clerk to find out the status of your records and make sure the MRN on your account is correct.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Your records did get moved, but for some reason your headers didn't get updated. I've passed that along to the team in charge of that, so it should get fixed soon, I'll let you know what I hear back.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jonesrk wrote:Your records did get moved, but for some reason your headers didn't get updated.
Just curious. Does signing in to the Calendar subscription page still force a header update? That has been a fairly reliable update so far (but not always) for some reason that we have never been able to have explained.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Just curious. Does signing in to the Calendar subscription page still force a header update? That has been a fairly reliable update so far (but not always) for some reason that we have never been able to have explained.
I thought that was just to get the calendar subscriptions updated.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Can't access my new stake directory

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:I thought that was just to get the calendar subscriptions updated.
Well yes, obviously that is the purpose of the page. However, going to that page has solved a number of problems where members moved and their new unit was not recognized. Just landing on that page has caused notifications from prior units to end, has provided access to the new unit Calendar and Directory, and has solved a number of other problems associated with a move that was not fully recognized by the website.

While you would think it should only affect the Calendar settings, it has actually stabilized all of the settings for some who have moved. Perhaps there is something in the handling of the code for that page that will help with the troubleshooting of the problem the original poster faced.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:has provided access to the new unit Calendar and Directory,
OK, that's a new one on me. I thought it was just calendar and calendar notifications.

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote:
lajackson wrote:has provided access to the new unit Calendar and Directory,
OK, that's a new one on me. I thought it was just calendar and calendar notifications.
I'm pretty sure that the calendar app only has rights to update itself. It doesn't have a way to cause the headers to be updated, just to cleanup their local copy of the member's unit/subscriptions.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jonesrk wrote:I'm pretty sure that the calendar app only has rights to update itself. It doesn't have a way to cause the headers to be updated, just to cleanup their local copy of the member's unit/subscriptions.
Okay. Then the three members involved must have done more than just go there to resolve things.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jonesrk wrote:Your records did get moved, but for some reason your headers didn't get updated. I've passed that along to the team in charge of that, so it should get fixed soon, I'll let you know what I hear back.
They got that fixed. Let me know if it worked.

Return to “Church Account”