Email entire ward?

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
rwgart@outlook.com

Email entire ward?

Post by rwgart@outlook.com »

I’m the financial clerk for our ward. I am wanting to send a reminder to all members about the tax statements. My bishop had said I can do that through the ward directory on LDS.org. I am not seeing that option anywhere, any ideas where to look, or is that maybe a feature only the bishopric is able to access?

Thanks!
eblood66

Re: Email entire ward?

Post by eblood66 »

Go to https://lds.org/directory, select Ward Organizations on the left side, click on Adults in the list in the middle and then click on the 'Email all Adults' link at the top of the right side section.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I would have the ward clerk do this using the LCR Send a Message tool. That ensures that you also get members who have privacy settings that may prevent you from seeing them.
lukelucas1980

Post by lukelucas1980 »

So I’m trying to do it throng iPhone but it looks like I’m going to have to do it from a desktop or laptop because I’m not seeing the option from my IPhone.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

lukelucas1980 wrote:So I’m trying to do it throng iPhone but it looks like I’m going to have to do it from a desktop or laptop because I’m not seeing the option from my IPhone.
If you have access based on your calling, you should be able to do it using LCR on your phone's internet browser. The Send a Message tool is not in Member Tools if you are looking there - it is on LCR.
jtjacks

Post by jtjacks »

Just to clarify -

@lukelucas1980 - is correct that you can't send messages from the LDS tool phone app.

@davesudweeks is also correct that you can send messages from a browser on your phone (or a tablet, or computer, or about any device with a browser), but not from the phone app.

This is just one more example of functionality that is in the web tool and not in the phone app -- and there are numerous bits of functionality that are in the app and not on the web tool - and even a few that are in MLS and not in either the web or phone tools. Dealing with church IT functionality is increasingly becoming a game of "where did they hide that little piece of functionality". Sure wish someone in the church IT department would try to coordinate things so functionality would be consistent across the tools.

As an update to how to send a message - the directions on how to send a message in the 2018 post in this thread is no longer valid. In the current (July 2021) web tool, go to --> leader and clerk resources https://lcr.churchofjesuschrist.org/, then --> applications, then --> send a message.

Return to “Church Account”