My ward directory is not current but other ward members' directories are

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
jillfreestone

My ward directory is not current but other ward members' directories are

Post by jillfreestone »

I have synced my account and logged in again, but my directory is still not current. I have checked with other ward members and there's is current when mine isn't.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: My ward directory is not current but other ward members' directories are

Post by russellhltn »

Where are you looking? I assume it's LDS Tools. Note that unless you're on the ward council, you may not be able to see everyone. So, be careful who you compare with.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jillfreestone

Post by jillfreestone »

aren't all the ward members list on the ward list?
jillfreestone

Post by jillfreestone »

I'm looking on LDS tools on my phone and on the Directory on lds.org on my desk top. I noticed some new members weren't showing up and asked 2 people, who ARE in the RS presidency (but I guess not the ward council), what their contact info was and they said it showed on lds tools for them. Also, the person that wasn't showing is in cub scouts and their name shows on their lds tools app
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There are 3 levels of privacy settings: Stake, Ward, Leadership only. If the members or their family privacy setting is set to "Leadership Only" then only ward leaders (like the two in the RS Presidency) will be able to see them.

Based on your description, I think everything is working as designed and those members are simply set to "Leadership Only".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jillfreestone

Post by jillfreestone »

so, is there a way to see the names of all the people in the ward? even if they don't want their numbers or emails on lds tools?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jillfreestone wrote:so, is there a way to see the names of all the people in the ward? even if they don't want their numbers or emails on lds tools?
Not without becoming a leader. At least not directly. If you have a calling where you feel you need ALL of the members, you can ask the bishop and he can direct the clerk to give you a list.

pani

Post by pani »

I have the same problem with full time missionaries serving in the ward. The missionaries can't see the full ward list and instead they seem to only a small subsection of the entire list.

Does anyone know if this issue is related to the opening post, and is there a way to fix it?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

pani wrote:I have the same problem with full time missionaries serving in the ward. The missionaries can't see the full ward list and instead they seem to only a small subsection of the entire list.

Does anyone know if this issue is related to the opening post, and is there a way to fix it?
That answer may depend on where you are located. Some countries have privacy laws that hide all members unless they specifically mark their information viewable to the entire ward. If your country is one of those, the only way to fix it legally is to have each member adjust their privacy settings on their profile.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote:the only way to fix it legally is to have each member adjust their privacy settings on their profile.
A clerk can make the changes, but I'd highly recommend against doing that without the user's permission.

I'd be concerned about lawsuits or worse should the person making the changes fail to get permission from the members affected.

Return to “Church Account”