Can sign in to mobile phone but not with ipad

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Bloxham62

Can sign in to mobile phone but not with ipad

Post by Bloxham62 »

I can sign in using my smart phone but not with my iPad even using the exact same USID & pw. With the iPad I keep getting an error message saying "Oauth error2."

Anyone else experiencing this problem with iPads? If you have a solution, please email me at Reed2ski@hotmail.com
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Can sign in to mobile phone but not with ipad

Post by aebrown »

Bloxham62 wrote:I can sign in using my smart phone but not with my iPad even using the exact same USID & pw. With the iPad I keep getting an error message saying "Oauth error2."
What site are you trying to sign in to? lds.org? ldsaccount.lds.org? familysearch.org?

Also, you mentioned that you can sign in with your smart phone. Is that some sort of iPhone? Or is an Android device? Or something else?
Bloxham62 wrote:Anyone else experiencing this problem with iPads? If you have a solution, please email me at Reed2ski@hotmail.com
Although there is some chance that someone might email you, we prefer that most forum communication be done here on the forum. That way, you can get more help from more people, and any solutions that are found will help other people as well.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Make sure you don't have "incognito mode" or whatever the privacy mode is turned on.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Bloxham62

Post by Bloxham62 »

In response to these recent posts (1) I am trying to sign into "Family Search" and (2) I do not have the "incognito mode" activated in the privacy settings on my iPad. I appreciate your responses however.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Bloxham62 wrote:In response to these recent posts (1) I am trying to sign into "Family Search" and (2) I do not have the "incognito mode" activated in the privacy settings on my iPad. I appreciate your responses however.
FamilySearch.org has an option to sign in with your LDS Account. You might try that as an alternate. I'm not talking about the main username and password fields on the FamilySearch.org sign in page, but rather the separate button located below those fields that is labeled "Sign In with LDSAccount". That button will take you to the normal LDS.org sign in page, where you enter your credentials and then should be returned to FamilySearch.org once you are signed in.

Another option would be to clear your browser cache and cookies and try to sign in at FamilySearch.org again.

Return to “Church Account”