Account made falsely

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
mclelland28

Account made falsely

Post by mclelland28 »

An account was made using my email and phone number and I would like to shut it down. I know the log in details but I don't know how to close the account. Please help me thanks
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Account made falsely

Post by lajackson »

I believe I would visit with the ward clerk and have him contact the Global Service Center with you to explain the situation.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Account made falsely

Post by Mikerowaved »

mjhuff73 wrote:The church really needs to create a security incident hotline number. This is not acceptable when there are situations where PII compromise and identity theft could be involved. The answer of "contact a ward clerk" who is likely not literate in matters of cyber security, who will then likely "get around to it" and contact a service center and likely hear back in 3 to 5 business days just isn't an appropriate response to ID theft and account compromise.
The answer given was to contact the ward clerk and with you contact the Global Service Center. This could be in person or a conference call. Either way, it's the correct action to take. The GSC will work swiftly right then and there to make things right.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”