Temple Worker Calling

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
sself78

Temple Worker Calling

Post by sself78 »

Not sure if this is the right place for this or not. I recently accepted a call to be a temple worker in a new temple. The Bishop and Stake Pres submitted my name. The temple president just called me and said when he tried to put my name in the computer it said I wasn't authorized. Is that a glitch in the computer system? There isn't any other reason why I could think it would say that.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Temple Worker Calling

Post by rmrichesjr »

The question about whether such a situation is due to a computer glitch does relate to use of technology in the Church, so it's arguably in the right place. However, to make sure there is not a misunderstanding, this forum is not an official help desk; it's more of a peer-to-peer discussion forum. You may get better answers from an official help desk.

Brainstorming a bit: here are a couple more possible explanations:

1) Is it possible the new temple district is not yet in enough of the right databases for you to show up as residing inside the new temple district? If there are other workers from your ward or stake, that would tend to rule out that possibility.

2) Is it possible your bishop and/or stake president missed something while entering your paperwork? If other workers from your stake and/or ward have not had the same difficulty, that would make it unlikely but still potentially possible.

3) Is it possible the temple president was looking at a person other than you? Did the temple president look you up by MRN or just by name? If just by name, could there be someone else with a similar or identical name in the district?

Unless the temple president, your bishop, or your stake president have any other ideas on possible ways to resolve the problem, my only suggestion would be to talk with your ward clerk or stake clerk to ask them to contact the Global Service Center to ask them to find out how to solve the problem. With luck, someone else might see this topic and respond with other ideas.

Return to “Church Account”