RS Councilor no Access to LCR

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: RS Councilor no Access to LCR

Post by jonesrk »

eblood66 wrote:
russellhltn wrote:
johnshaw wrote:I'd follow the suggestions above, remove the calling, validate that it goes missing in the lds.org/directory, once she is gone in the directory, you can re-add her in.
I'd be reluctant to do that - that's likely to cause an errant calling date.
The calling date (or rather sustained date) is entered and isn't the date the calling is recorded. So as long as the correct sustained date is entered again, that isn't necessarily a problem.
russellhltn wrote:I know in the past we tried toggling things to get MLS to send the updates to CDOL, but with the shift to LCR, such tricks are not necessary.
But the permissions are stored in a separate datastore (Active Directory or another LDAP directory I believe) which is updated via a batch process. If by some chance the calling did not get propagated to the permissions directory then it's possible that removing and re-adding the calling might trigger a new update.
The permission info looks good to me.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: RS Councilor no Access to LCR

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:The permission info looks good to me.
In that case, I'd advise having the user demonstrate her problem. Any number of things are possible and things are just getting lost in the telling. It could be something like the browser she's using doesn't like LCR.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”