Remove address and personal information

LDS Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to LDS Account (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
jaredrobertson

Remove address and personal information

Postby jaredrobertson » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:16 am

Hi,

My wife and I were baptized but haven't been members for years. We moved away and I assumed we could close that chapter of our lives and just live in peace.
The members where we used to live must have found out we moved because my relatives got emails from LDS Membership Services asking for my address and phone number.
As soon as I found out I emailed LDS Membership Services and asked them to stop trying to find us and that we just wanted to be left alone but I was too late. On lds.org, our address is there now along with a lot of personal information and there's no way I found to quit, remove it, opt out, or anything else. I searched everywhere.
I really really want it gone immediately. It's so frustrating that I have to deal with this. What can I do? Who can I contact to get this fixed?

Thanks for your help in advance.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Remove address and personal information

Postby lajackson » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:42 am

jaredrobertson wrote:What can I do? Who can I contact to get this fixed?

If this is what you wish to do, contact the bishop where you are living now. You will be able to find his contact information the same place you found yours, at LDS.org under Directory. Then click on the Ward Leaders link at the left. He will be able to help you complete your request.

sbradshaw

Re: Remove address and personal information

Postby sbradshaw » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:18 pm

You're still considered to be members of the Church, unless your records are removed. You'll need to work with your local bishop to have your records removed.

Normally when a member moves to another place, the membership records are transferred to their new location so they can be welcomed into their new ward. That's what happened in your case (though they don't normally reach out to family members unless they've been unable to contact you personally).

(See D&C 20:81–84, Moroni 6:4 – though the process has changed somewhat in the age of technology.)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “LDS Account”