family search

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
gamparaym

family search

Post by gamparaym »

I log into family search and try to index and get a message tat says a problem has occurred that may prevent you from using this sight Family Search has been notified. This has been going on for several weeks.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: family search

Post by rmrichesjr »

Have you received any response from FamilySearch about your problem report?

When I have reported even remotely similar issues, the first response has always been to instruct me to clear my browser cache, delete all cookies, close the browser, and try again. Sometimes, clearing the browser cache and deleting cookies can solve the symptoms. Have you tried those steps and still see the problem?

Have you tried using different web browsers?

What operating system, web browser, and web browser are you using?

Can you copy and paste the exact message and post to this thread? Sometimes, there are subtle differences between error messages that can help someone knowledgeable (probably much more so than am I) to find a solution.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: family search

Post by russellhltn »

I've also seen some login issues today, and there were a number of reports last week Sunday. So, it may be a transient server-side issue.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”